Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet little face

I was inspired by a fellow blogger to write a little story about remembering to call on God first.
This picture of my daughter's precious face was taken earlier in the day yesterday when we were all happy and playing and then things went downhill very fast and I had an unhappy baby on my hands. Not her fault, we had quite a few problems nursing yesterday, we just couldn't seem to get on the same page. Baby girl was trying to figure out why she was so frustrated and I was trying to figure out what she needed. Living my life on a 2-3 hour feeding schedule has been one of the hardest things I have ever done but I am so happy that my baby is healthy, thriving, and growing as she should.

Ever since we have been home from the hospital Brandon has been working around the clock to provide for his family. We are so grateful! However, that means the responsibility of baby falls on me. I love her to pieces and cannot get enough of her but sometimes little things like eating with 2 hands and taking a shower can seem like heaven.

Last night Brandon was working really late and I tried everything to soothe my poor baby. Nothing worked and I believe that sometimes babies just need to have a little crying time but it had been hours and I knew she wasn't feeding right and I just became so sad. I called Brandon just to hear his voice and I told him the baby was probably not going to sleep well tonight. I hung up the phone and realized that I wasn't giving my baby enough credit, we just had to figure out what she needed. Then I thought, I will pray for her, DUH! Why had it taken me so long to just pray for her little body to be able to relax and eat well. God came through, she got a full belly and slept well last night and only woke up twice to eat so I even got a little extra sleep.

Its safe to say that this young mom has learned her lesson, pray first! God soothed her and me!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

she is so cute felicia. Trust me, it gets better. The whole feeding every 2-3 hours is so hard. But eventually she'll get it. AND I remember when Sage started doing her nightly cry time. It lasted for about 2 weeks. EVery night around 6 PM (right when josh got home from work haha nice welcome home) and it woud last for about an hour sometimes more. I guess they just need to get the energy out or something, but gosh it would get frustrating. Prayer is always the answer...even if your praying for patience. But anyways the point of my comment...it gets better! :-)