Thursday, August 25, 2011

The 4th trimester

For 9 long months this little one grew inside my belly, towards the end I couldn't wait to get her out and meet her face to face. I wanted to talk to her, sing to her, smile at her, show her off; I just couldn't wait. No sooner did she come out of my belly that I realized she just wanted to be popped back in and, at times, I wish I could just pop her back in. Baby experts say babies need and want a 4th trimester but then we would never be able to push them out, so out they come at the end of 3 trimesters. Its strange that you know this little person inside you but when she came out, I realized I had an endless amount of things to learn about her, did I really know her at all?

Babies are precious little angels with their own distinct personalities and they surprise you everyday. The saying that "you learn something new everyday" is an understatement when you're a mom. You literally learn something new every hour, at least! And when you learn it and use that information again, you suddenly feel so accomplished, I did it, I followed her cue and was successful. Give myself an applause, yay me, I'm not clueless after all.

My baby girl is 6 weeks old and she is doing all new fun stuff, like smiling when you talk to her. O, how it makes my heart melt every time. Even after, what seems like the worst night, that smile in the morning can instantly make it all disappear. How blessed I am! How lucky I am to be sharing this "4th trimester" with her outside my belly :)





No comments: